Singer, songwriter and actor Colin Roy began his career in London West End theatre after being spotted by Pippa Ailion, currently the casting director of The Lion King.
Colin’s love and natural talent for music was strongly encouraged by his late father and after penning a hit single played on Capitol Radio, the dream became a reality. From starring in a musical at the Riverside Studios in Hammersmith and now with a wealth of experience as an international entertainer, as they say, the best is yet to come.
LONDON West End Theatre
Leading roles include:
- SoulTrain at the Victoria Palace; directed by Mark Clements, choreographed by Stephen Mear
- Smokey Joes’ Café at the Prince Of Wales Theatre; directed by Jerry Zaks
- Five Guys Named Moe for Cameron Mackintosh; directed and choreographed by Charles Augins
- Sweet Charity at the Victoria Palace; directed by Carole Metcalfe, choreographed by Chet Walker
- Hair at the Old Vic; directed by Michael Bogdanov, choreographed by Anthony Van Laast
Other theatre credits include:
- The House That Nat Built at New End Theatre; directed by Mark Clements & Danny John-Jules
- Ain’t Misbehavin’; directed by Mark Clements and Jenny Sawyer
- Cinderella at the Theatre Royal Stratford East; directed by Kerry Michaels
- The Grapevine; directed by Mark Clements and Michael Vivian, choreographed by Stephen Mear
- Hot Stuff for Bill Kenwright; directed by Paul Kerryson
- The Harder They Come at the Playhouse Theatre, directed by Kerry Michael
Colin’s recordings include the cast album of the Nat King Cole musical The House That Nat Built, the cast album of Hair and Colin Roy Live In London.
His song My Destiny was remixed by MOBO award-winning producers 5AM. It received rave reviews in Blues & Soul Magazine, DJ Magazine and Touch Magazine and was released on the compilation album Soul Sounds of The 90’s compiled by Dr. Bob Jones originally from London’s KISS FM Radio.
In 2012 Colin recorded his self-penned single I Want You Back. As a Patron of the charity Topic of Cancer, Colin was motivated to write a song to increase awareness of helping each other and raising funds for causes in need; he has recently released his new single Make A Brighter Day available on iTunes and other download platforms, video on YouTube.
- EastEnders (BBC),
- The Paradise Club (BBC)
- Health And Efficiency (BBC)
- BPM (ITV),
- Barclay Theatre Awards (Anglia TV)
- The Big Stage (Channel 5)
- The Vanessa Show
- The Generation Game
- The Learning Zone (BBC2)
- Night Fever
- Get Up And Give (ITV)
Colin wrote the title music for a Channel 4 documentary The Street Warriors.
Colin has performed as a headline entertainer for Royal Caribbean International and various other cruise lines.
Colin’s many talents include creating his own top quality expertly produced shows for theatre as well as private and corporate hire.
Colin has toured the UK, Europe, USA, Asia and Australia with various productions including his own show The House That Nat Built, known as The Nat King Musical Revue, a celebration of the incomparable Nat King Cole.
In 2019, Colin will tour Nat King 100 Years, a special show celebrating the centennial anniversary of the birth of Nat King Cole. Colin’s other productions include Kings Of Swing featuring songs from the legends of Jazz and Swing and his high energy Sweet Soul & Motown Show.
Colin Roy provides a range of first class bespoke entertainment for private and corporate events.